Saturday, December 31, 2011

WHAT A WAY TO END THIS YEAR!

Deciding on today's title was very perplexing for me.. Other contenders were, "Just Gotta Tell You 'bout..," and "Mr. Right." The idea for these comes from a sweatshirt I saw on a 'tween' age gal recently. It said  I've met Mr. Right-- His name is JESUS" 
So, why the chosen title? It's because it dawned on me there is NO better way to end this calendar year than to be reminded of the thrill of having personal access to my (our!), 'MR. RIGHT!'   By no means do I intend to discredit earthly husbands or other receivers of our devotion, but I do desire to acknowledge how they can NEVER meet every one of our needs sufficiently. They are human so it's no shame if they can't! Only our LORD can 'be there' at all times, in all ways, for all our needs!
Related to this, several years ago, I found myself recording, "Lord! You are making our story a love story...For this I exclaim, 'To You be the glory!  I am the bride..You are the groom! As I walk by your side, I know there'll always be room!' Then, HE began addressing me(us!) as his bride.. "Dear one, there's nothing you and I can't do. I am committed to love, honor and cherish you forever.. You'll never find yourself saying a perplexed, 'WHATEVER.'
He followed with much more, but I'll close for now by reiterating the joy of ending my year as one who lives in the wonder of being loved, honored and cherished by the King of Kings and the Lord of Lords! No ONE can even come close to caring for me as faithfully and sufficiently as HE can and does!

No comments:

Post a Comment