Sunday, May 1, 2011

ON CHRIST THE SOLID ROCK I STAND

As I contemplate the content of this message, I am extremely grateful to be able to truly sing so many of the wondrous truths of a personal walk with the Lord. Today, I was telling 'my' seniors I lead hymns for that 'Music is the language of the soul..'  I find it nearly impossible to share anything of a 'spiritual'  nature with anyone without letting hymn lyrics say part of it for me...  Thus, the title of this post..
Not long ago, a dear friend of ours indicated loss of all hope.. UGH! I wanted to erupt in song by singing, "My hope is built on nothing less than Jesus' blood and righteousness.." but it would't have been very sensitive to have done so at that point.. (or at least I thought so!) This topic I am on reminds me of Psalm 40 which states how the LORD answers our cry for help as He pulls us up out of the muck and mire, setting our feet upon a rock which gives us a firm place to stand.. YES LORD, YES LORD, yes, yes, LORD!  Knowing the security of a firm place to stands relies upon our willingness to call our to HIM humbly and with tender hearts.. (which admit our need for HIS care for us.)  SO, I pray that anyone who reads this message will speak out to the LORD so HE can place you securely on the rock of Christ.. His blood, and his righteousness.. To God's glory only!

No comments:

Post a Comment