Saturday, March 19, 2011

HEAVEN ON EARTH...

I'd like to  dedicate today's entry to Pastor Mark who was able to lead many of us as we grew more aware of just how 'heavenly' it is to know the Lord personally!       He no longer needs to sing, "I Can Only Imagine," but now sings, "If You Could See Me Now!"                                           
                    
 As I sit here, I am listening to a song called, I HAVE HEARD OF A CITY CALLED HEAVEN and, I have just read comments from the family of a very beloved pastor who recently went home to be with Jesus after more than 10 years of Lou Gehrig's (ALS) disease.  The comments indicate just how many lives were blessedly impacted through his life on Earth... Then, some of them convey how Heaven must blessed to have him there now...  Prior to this morning, I'd been intending to write this message and had already chosen its title... For, you see, as the pastor's family can testify to, those of us who are the Lord's CAN live in 'Heaven' on Earth.... I don't know about most of you reading this, but to me, it is HEAVENLY to live at peace with my Lord as I appreciate the hope and joy (and, of course, his merciful, gracious,  never failing love !) his presence within me generates. In fact, I propose to all of us today that it is this wondrous indwelling of his Holy Spirit which enables us to be blessed by, and to be a blessing to, our Lord as well as to others daily. For, as we convey the true PEACE, HOPE, and JOY He provides, we are indeed presenting the reality of 'heaven on Earth..' Living in his presence and with his presence within us is meant to be 'Heavenly' for we ARE in personal communion and fellowship with HIM here and now! YES Lord, yes Lord, yes, yes Lord! 

As I proofread this, the song on my new CD is,   I CHOOSE JESUS- 'not for a day, but for eternity!' HE is here now! I hope and trust you all have chosen Jesus not just for today, but for eternity! If you happen to be uncertain, simply call 1-888-NEED HIM.

No comments:

Post a Comment