Saturday, November 12, 2011

BFN or, BFF?

Recently, I've been thinking more and more about how wonderful it is to be called a friend of God! I am perplexed at how little I live in that truth most of the time. It seems the Lord certainly understands this though because just this morning as I was 'down on myself' due to struggling with a particular, ever-insistent addictive behavior in my life, HE made certain the following song began the music line-up on my morning devotions radio program.   "There's not a friend like the lowly Jesus... No, not one.. No, not one.. None else can heal all our soul's diseases.. No, not one.. No, not one!"  As soon as the 'soul's diseases' words were sung, my precious Lord comforted me by assuring me He is there all the time and is willing to heal, thus deliver me from this behavior I succumb to more often than I'd like to admit. Each time, though, I must consciously decide whether to say,'By For Now' to Him and his offer of deliverance, or to welcome my Best Friend Forever as He offers his Holy Spirit's strength to me.
One of the keys to accepting His power to deliver me is to remember to remember! My husband says he often forgets to remember! Oh, how I know this reality personally!  I need to pray more fervently for myself, asking for HIM to remind me!  I need to close now, so please consider PSALM 103 as it exhorts us to 'forget not all his benefits..' He forgives all our sins and heals all our diseases.. redeems our lives from the pit and crowns us with love and compassion... satifies our desires with good things so our youth is renewed like the eagle's.  I, especially need to let HIM satisfy my desires with all HE knows is good for me! Who could ask for a better forever friend?

No comments:

Post a Comment