Tuesday, February 21, 2012

DO YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THEM?

  As I sit, watching SEVEN DAYS IN UTOPIA starring Robert Duvall, I am filled to overflowing with gratitude for so many blessings! In the movie, he just prayed a table grace which deserves to be shared.


"For FOOD in this world where many go hungry-


For FAITH in this world where many live in fear-


For FRIENDS in this world where many are alone-


We give THEE thanks…"


I haven't done a post in a while since life's significant moments which inspire these just seem to 'buzz on by' without me having any time to write about them.. But, today, John and I are finishing up a delightful, one-night stay out at our favorite ocean resort at Moclips, so as the movie is coming to the end, I am quickly recording this to able to post later. Dear readers, I urge you to never hesitate to count your blessings, for often, looming despair will be 'headed off at the pass,' before it can even threaten you! Not only that, make it a priority to keep HIS song in your heart.. whether it be through audible music on radio, CDs, I-pods, etc. or, through humming aloud, or within, any of your most 'singer-friendly' praise choruses or hymns. Try this one on 'for size'… "I LOVE YOU LORD, and I LIFT MY VOICE, to worship YOU- Oh, my soul, REJOICE! Take joy my KING, in what you hear.. May it be a sweet, sweet, sound in your ear!" I am thinking of several others but I'll close with this one- "LORD, YOU are more precious than silver. LORD, YOU are more costly than gold. LORD, YOU are more beautiful than diamonds and nothing I desire compares with You!" What's your choice?      As I was reviewing this message before sending it, that chorus, "I love You Lord and I lift my voice.." came on my computer right as I read those lyrics on this screen..  HE LOVES to hear us declare our love for Him as well as listen when we acknowledge our many blessings. May you also be blessed by doing so.

No comments:

Post a Comment