Saturday, March 24, 2012

HE'S GOTTA BE SMILIN'!!

As I begin today, I desire to convey  how 'The joy of the Lord is our strength!'(Nehemiah 8:10)  Knowing how He delights in us whenever we accept grace, mercy, strength, and, SO MUCH MORE from Him, can re-ignite my determination to honor Him more readily.    Case in point: Recently, I dared to step on a new, 'user-friendly' scale at our athletic club..(hearing 'Doo, doo , doo, doo', Batman-sort of music in my ears as I approached it!) Well, wouldn't  you know it? It registered a  pound less than 2 days before!!! I was so totally delighted I became quite uninhibited in that empty locker room! First, I threw up my hands in joyful praise! (relief!?).. then found myself speaking aloud, 'THANK YOU, THANK YOU', as I looked up! The emotions of the moment were so pure, I began saying to our Lord, "You gotta be smilin'!"  It was actually fun to bless HIM in such a manner! Why don't I do it more often?  (I am reminded of lyrics from I CAN ONLY IMAGINE  which cause us to think about how we might dance before HIM, or become speechless when we meet HIM face-to-face!) Why wait 'til then? 
Later the same morning, HE 'turned the tables on me,' by showing his sense of humor, causing ME to smile deeply and broadly.. In a Kindergarten music class I was in with one of my 'special' students, a song about 'Michael Finnegan who gained weight again, thus needing to begin again to become thin again' was played! Who says our Lord isn't intimately acquainted with all our ways!!!???  Don't you just love HIM as He is!? We can either welcome or fear this reality.. I'm learning to welcome it! Psalm 139:1-3 states, "O Lord, you have searched me and You know me . You know when I sit and when I rise; You perceive my thoughts from afar. You discern my going out and my lying down; You are familiar with all my ways."    May his joy in our relationship to HIM and, our joy in HIM as a result, be strengthening for all of  us, ALL of the time!

No comments:

Post a Comment