Tuesday, April 3, 2012

DEEP BREATHING...

My sister calls them, 'GOD WINKS.' I call them displays of the grace of our LORD JESUS CHRIST. Just what am I speaking of? Well, they are those moments when any Christ-centered individual  becomes aware of how HE has allowed evidence of his personal attention to them to become noticed and appreciated. I believe there is a song entitled, COUNT YOUR BLESSINGS.. see what God HAS done.. Pause to remember just a few of those moments/events when you've been able to say a heartfelt, 'THANK YOU,' as you inhaled a deep breath of his 'fresh air.' Those moments are so varied in 'what' comprises them, that I'll make no attempt to even begin suggesting some.. The psalmist, DAVID, reminds us to 'remember,' and today, I will encourage us to live in the present by focusing on INHALING his grace as HE displays it in, or to you, currently. Anticipate many opportunities  to  delightedly say, 'Thank you!' as you look upward-breathing deeply of his grace! Of course, whenever we inhale, we must exhale.. Saying 'Thank You,' is part of this, but I also suggest PRAISING HIM with songs, hymns, or spiritual songs aloud, or within! The 'bottom line' of this message is to practice deep breathing by inhaling GRACE, and exhaling PRAISE!  There is a modern praise/worship song which conveys this truth, although the term, DEEP BREATHING, is not used. This is just my way to apply these thoughts.. Blessings to all.. Sheila    As I proofread this, I am thinking of I Timothy I:17 which says, "Now unto the King eternal, immortal, invisible.. The only wise God,. Be honor and glory forever and ever-- Amen!" I am also focusing on how his grace is sufficient as He supplies all my needs according to his riches in Christ Jesus. (Philippians 4:19 and II Corinthians 12:9

No comments:

Post a Comment