Sunday, February 2, 2014

HAST THOU NOT SEEN?

PSALM 73 is chock full of vivid accounts of how the ungodly, calloused towards the possibility of God, think and live.. I was especially amused by how they say,  "How would God know? Does the Most High know anything!?" This indicates they were aware of the Lord's existence and worthiness of exaltation, yet... How could/can they be so obstinate and blinded?   Personally, I am truly grateful for the tender heart/soul I have had for decades now because it allows me to appreciate how in PSALM 73, David states to the LORD, "Yet I am always with You; You hold me by my right hand. You guide me with your counsel, and afterward you will take me into glory. Whom have I in heaven but You? And earth has nothing I desire beside You! My flesh and my heart may fail, but You, oh Lord, are my portion forever!.. I have made you the Sovereign Lord, my refuge! I will tell of all your deeds..!" Even though the italicized words indicate my admission of further need for spiritual growth, it is truly wondrous being his child, resulting in a growing desire to honor and respond to HIM, my LORD, moment-by-moment. (This 'boils down to' me intentionally making choices I know will please Him... easier said than done!) I know most of you reading this can identify! It sure is wonderful to KNOW HIM personally, and that He doesn't give up on us.. In fact, as PROVERBS 30:5 says in essence, "We can make the Sovereign Lord our refuge for every word of God is flawless.. and, HE is our shield as we take refuge in HIM! Be blessed and be a blessing! BFN, dear readers... 



No comments:

Post a Comment