Friday, January 17, 2014

THE REST OF THE.......SERENITY PRAYER

I don't know about all of you, but I never knew there is a lot more to this often said prayer..After the 'famous' part which is GOD GRANT ME SERENITY TO ACCEPT THE THINGS I CANNOT CHANGE, COURAGE TO CHANGE THE THINGS I CAN, AND WISDOM TO KNOW THE DIFFERENCE... comes  LIVING ONE DAY AT A TIME; ENJOYING ONE MOMENT AT A TIME; ACCEPTING HARDSHIP AS A PATHWAY TO PEACE; TAKING, AS JESUS DID, THIS WORLD AS IT IS, NOT AS I WOULD HAVE IT; TRUSTING THAT YOU WILL MAKE ALL THINGS RIGHT IF I SURRENDER TO YOUR WILL, SO THAT I MAY BE REASONABLY HAPPY IN THIS LIFE AND SUPREMELY HAPPY WITH YOU FOREVER IN THE NEXT! AMEN                                            If I'd prayed this  prayer initially, I'd have changed 'hardship' to THANKFULNESS, as a daily, reliable PATHWAY TO PEACE (based on Philippians 4:6-7), and 'happy' toJOYFUL since I consider 'happiness' to be dependent upon circumstances and my attitude... I am sharing this today since I do love the inclusion of 'surrendering  my will to his and the reference to eternal bliss in his presence as well as being able to know 'heaven on Earth,' as I tell others is possible. (Who can argue with TRUE PEACE, HOPE AND JOY being a daily reality for those who count their blessings when they willingly welcome, receive, and delight in, his attentions and intentions towards them?) This is too long already, so I will close for now...May all who read this be glad they are HIS child, or choose to make the decision to become so! 1-888-NEED HIM is a great way to do so! (real people answer the phone!)                 Sorry! ONE MORE THOUGHT!  I have heard it stated that 'MAN'S CHIEF PURPOSE IS TO ENJOY AND GLORIFY THE LORD.' I AGREE HEARTILY.. This prayer reminds me of how true this can be!! BFN

No comments:

Post a Comment