Saturday, November 20, 2010

BLESSED or, A BLESSING?

AS this Christmas season is fast approaching, may we remember to do as the stickers on the rear window of my car say... "AMERICA, BLESS GOD.." It is all too easy to be swept away in all the doings and demands (hopes/expectation imposed upon us by ourselves or others), while not taking time to truly BLESS our LORD.. Consider HOW you feel when someone tells you that you are a blessing to them? (refreshed, sort of 'tingly?', or encouraged?) WELL, have you given much thought to how our LORD welcomes our thankfulness, obedience, trust, and 'SO MUCH MORE?' Of course, this coming week holds the set-aside day for us USA citizens to pause and say 'THANK YOU' to HIM officially but, can't we do any better than that? How about daily seeking new ways to 'Bless the LORD, O my soul.' (as my last post spoke of..) The well loved hymn says a lot... "TRUST and OBEY, for there's no other way to be happy in Jesus, but to trust and obey..." I don't know about you, but I am truly HAPPY when I know I am walking in ways which BLESS my LORD. I am light-hearted and, as a result, I trust the HIS light shines brightly through my eyes and countenance.. I'd encourage each of us to 'tune in' to opportunities to BLESS the LORD more often each day... May the LORD bless and keep you as you do..... Until next post, Sheila

1 comment:

  1. Hello,
    Abe suggested your blog. I read some of your posts and enjoyed your insights and love for the Lord. Thank you for sharing. My husband Mike and I ride with Abe and belong to CMA. Abe is a wonderful young man; it's easy to see where his love for the Lord comes from. We both admire the person he is and look forward to serving along side him.

    ReplyDelete