Monday, January 3, 2011

WHOSE TURN TO TURN?

As I considered the possible uses of this morning's time slot for my 'study/writing/quiet' time, I realized I needed to concentrate on the gist of this message.... One of my family members is my inspiration since they have acquired an affectionate nickname of 'Wrong-way_____.' For, it seems this individual is 'directionally impaired,' especially when it comes to learning their way around this area we live in.... So, each time they realize they are headed the wrong direction, they must decide to 'swallow their pride,' then, turn around!! Well.... That is just about like any/all of us who find ourselves needing to relinquish our 'rights' to any bad habits or indulgences so we may truly turn to our Lord for his strength and direction in our lives.. Recently, I have adopted this phrase... "To turn, is to return.." For me, it means realizing my dependence upon our LORD so I can live the truth of the first song I heard on my Morning Devotions radio show on KCIS AM630 today..The song was, STRENGTH WILL RISE AS WE WAIT UPON THE LORD. Now, 3 or 4 songs later, I've turned up the radio volume to "THE JOY OF THE LORD IS MY STRENGTH."
I don't know about any of you readers 'out there,' but I am not one who makes New Year's resolutions. I do realize though when I need to intentionally turn from my sinful indulgences so I can glorify my LORD and SAVIOR, JESUS CHRIST daily.. For, when I do, the JOY He fills me with is beyond description! Strength to resist temptations comes from swallowing my pride instead of all that I consider to be so 'desirable.' Blessings to all who read this! Which scripture verses can you think of to support your desires to glorify the Lord??

No comments:

Post a Comment