Tuesday, December 27, 2011

One MORE Gift!

It is highly likely most of you who will read this received 'more than enough' gifts on/near Christmas Day. So, I get to write about one that can't be wrapped and put under a tree! Those of us who know the LORD realize HE gives gifts of love, mercy, grace, peace, hope, and joy along with many others on a steady basis. Have you ever considered adding DIGNITY to that list of 'others?' As I scanned the last post I sent, I was reminded of Gracie's need for it.. Tomorrow, I will lead a Bible study for residents of an assisted living facility. It will be about how Jesus dignifies us!
I am using PSALMS 8 and 103 to identify reasons for our dignity so they can delight in being all HE intends them to be... Dignified individuals! May our Lord Jesus Christ increase your dignity receptors as you read these passages.
Psalm 8:3-5  When I consider your heavens, the work of your fingers, the moon and the stars, which You have set in place, what is man that you are mindful of him, the son of man that you care for him? You made him a little lower than the heavenly beings and crowned him with glory and honor.

Psalm 103:1-5 Praise the LORD, O my soul; all my inmost being, praise his holy name. Praise the LORD, O my soul, and forget not all his benefits-- who forgives all your sins and heals all your diseases, who redeems your life from the pit and crowns you with love and compassion, who satifies your desires with good things so that your youth may be renewed like the eagle's. (YES!)

I don't know about you, but I like to think of myself as a princess since, as the daughter (and friend!) of the KING OF KINGS,  I am crowned with glory, honor, love, and compassion! I thank the Lord HE makes it possible for  me to  receive this gift of DIGNITY.

No comments:

Post a Comment