Wednesday, December 14, 2011

TUNE IN, or.....

When I was in 9th grade, I came across a sort of  1960ish, sort of psychedelic book of poems intended for teens to read. The title was simply, TUNE IN. It had brightly, metalic colored pages which were narrow at first, but got wider with each page. Needless to say, it caught my attention and I am certainly glad it did. For, you see, there was one poem in particular (the only one I recall) that has stayed with me for over 40 years. Entitled, THE WELL, it directed readers to the only way to satisfy true thirst. This is by drawing from the depths of God's love, mercy, compassion, grace and SO MUCH MORE, as we rest assured He meets our every need. The final line profoundly stated, "And help me, O God, to admit how thirsty I really am!" Talk about something that impacted me! It was another year before I began to understand that my 'religious beliefs' could make a '12 inch trip' from my mind down into my 'heart' (my soul, which includes my mind, emotions, and will). Once I was led into this personal access, intimate relationship to my Lord, I was delighted to admit how thirsty I was (still am today since like physical thirst, I need to drink frequently.)
NOW- onto why I chose this title for today-- I have realized just how many of us sort of forget to 'tune in' to the wonderful TRUTH and REALITY of God's presence within us! HE'S the creator of ALL things! I'm talking about THE LORD GOD Himself indwelling us. I am so aware of how often I frankly 'tune Him OUT!' UGH! What deprivation I accept by doing this.. So, as I close, please pray HE will remind you often of this glorious, wondrous TRUTH of his intimate relationship with/to you. 'Now may the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in Him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.' (Romans 15:13) True PEACE, HOPE and JOY are some of the most wonderful GIFTS we can receive.. GRACE, MERCY, LOVE and RIGHTEOUSNESS in Him, are some others! 
   Have a blessed Christmas and a wonder-filled new year as you TUNE IN to His presence within if you have received Him into your life by accepting the way made possible for you to fellowship with him. Praise God for his compassion that allowed his Son, the Lord Jesus, to become the sacrifice needed for our sins .. He said, IT IS FINISHED.. All we need to do is accept gratefully, this GRACE beyond measure!

No comments:

Post a Comment