Friday, May 18, 2012

NOT 'WHO,' BUT 'WHOSE?'

Not 'Who,' but 'Whose' Are You?

I am thinking of a song from a summer camp I helped at around 25 years ago.. It simply stated, 'We are complete in HIM!' I loved the tune, but am sort of  'lost' at this point as I try to recall its other lyrics. That's OK though since I just want to offer a few scriptures to feed our thinking on this statement..
In Colossians 2:2-3, Paul lets us know how his purpose it 'that they (we) may be united in love, so they may have the full riches of complete understanding, in order that they may know the mystery of God, namely, Christ, in whom are hidden all the treasures of wisdom and knowldege." In verse 9, Paul assures us, "For in Christ all the fullness of the Deity lives in bodily form and you have been given fullness in Christ, who is the head over every power and authority." 
Two more verses from JOHN encapsulate this fact of our Lord's intentions for us to be totally alive in HIM and through HIM... JOHN 5:26 says "For as the Father has life in Himself, so He has granted the Son to have life in Himself." I have been thinking about this a lot recently.. HE IS LIFE!  John 1:24 states.. "In Him was life and that life was the light of men!"  The reason I'm using these verses is because we must realize HIS LIFE within us in order to live the COMPLETENESS He intends for/through us! When we do, we know WHOSE WE ARE, and do not need to be 'stressed out' by the world's question of, "Who am I anyways..?"  BTW- Are those around you aware of WHOSE you are???

No comments:

Post a Comment