Friday, June 21, 2013

Wrinkle-free Eyeballs..

Oooookaaaay.... What's that title about? Well...today, as I am being hassled by my husband's new shirt which is definitely NOT 'permanent press,' I am reminded of how my face is also now NOT 'wrinkle free!' Recently, while lamenting this fact of my 60 plus age, my husband and I laughed aloud when I said, "At least my eyeballs can't wrinkle!!" Quite the contrary seems to be 'true..' For, the longer I am in love with the LORD, the shinier my eyeballs 'feel' to me! I'm just having a little fun with this as I go on to say I don't think I'd WANT to see shiny, wrinkled eyeballs!! My 'bottom line' on this post is, THE OLDER I GET ON THE OUTSIDE, THE YOUNGER AND FRESHER I BECOME ON THE INSIDE!! My soul (mind, emotions, and will) rejoices as the Spirit of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ dwells patiently and compassionately within!! In fact, years ago, I became fond of saying, "I love to GO, GROW, and GLOW!" (Wrinkle free!) All those who love the LORD can do so also! 

No comments:

Post a Comment