Friday, September 13, 2013

Women of Fate or, Women of Faith?

Recently, I was with a group of ladies when something was said to the effect of us not being subject to 'fate.' I wholeheartedly agreed while saying something to the effect of, 'That's because we are women of faith!' Needless to say, I like to play with words so I couldn't resist turning these phrases into a blog title.. So, here you have it!! One key thought I've been 'sitting on' for awhile, is about how it bothers me when people say their faith saved(s) them, thus seeming to give the act of believing/receiving the actual power of saving them when, in reality, it is/was the redemptive act of Christ's shedding of his blood, thus sacrificing his life as atonement for my sins, that SAVES us. FAITH should not be personified. I've always comprehended FAITH as Forsaking All, I Trust Him. This states that it is an act of my will.. a determination to, and commitment to, trusting HIM, no matter what! I like an older chorus which says, "To hear with my heart, to see with my soul... to be guided by a hand I cannot hold.. To trust in a way that I cannot see... That's what faith must be!!" (In fact, I recall singing this as I drove a bus of campers around a tight horseshoe turn on a one-way mountain road!!!) Well, that's about all for now!! Join me each and every day as I count my blessings while TRUSTING HIM as entirely as I know how at this point in my walk with our Savior!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment