Wednesday, May 18, 2016

THREE SIXTEENS

SHEILA’S SHARING SHEET    TO YOU, FROM ME, BECAUSE OF JESUS!     Week of 5-16-16
As I typed the date on this sheet today, I decided to change the message I’d intended to share. I was going to write about, ‘What Is IT?’ (In Proverbs, chapter 2) But, I’ll save this query for next week’s offering to all who read this..
So what about the date I typed today? Well, the presence of the number 16 twice in it, reminded me of how I like to speak of three sixteens in the Bible.. (a play on JOHN 3:16)
MOST all of you are familiar with JOHN 3:16 as it’s “out there” to be known by many. ‘For God so loved the world that He gave his one and only Son...” but, I’d wager that 1 JOHN 3:16  is not ‘on the tip of your tongues,’  nor is JOHN 1:16.                                            1JOHN 3:16 provides a great definition of just what LOVE is.            “This is how we know what love is: Jesus Christ laid down his life for us.”  MY desire is for every one of us to rejoice as we frequently realize HOW MUCH the LORD loves us, for as we do, our ability to love all those around us is multiplied!
Along THIS LINE OF THOUGHT, JOHN 1:16 delights me by sharing how, “Out of the fullness of His grace, HE pours out blessing upon blessing!” Verses 14, and 17 offer further truth by conveying, “The Word became flesh and made His dwelling among us. We have seen His glory, the glory of the One and Only, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth… For the law was given through Moses; Grace and Truth came through Jesus Christ.” I encourage all to WELCOME HIM as HE desires to meet all needs for truth and grace in your life. Personally, I am very grateful for HIS provision of all I’ll ever need!  Not only that, but I love how HIS blessings are lavished upon me (us)as  I (we) respond to His graciousness!
Now, let’s re-visit JOHN 3:16-17 as it famously states, For God so loved the world that He gave His one and only Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish but have eternal life.  For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through Him.” DO YOU KNOW PEOPLE WHO say that God is a ‘kill-joy?’ He is sort of a tyrant who lacks compassion, mercy, grace, and all we need? They are very wrong and very deprived..                                                                                                 Are you glad you are not? I sure am!!!          One final fact I take delight in is knowing how it was ‘for the joy set before HIM, He endured the cross..scorning its shame!’ (HEBREWS 12:2).Our LORD JESUS knew the joy of delighting each time a sinner acknowledges their need for forgiveness, and gratefully receives HIS GIFT of  Eternal LIFE, as well as His gift of His life within us here on Earth.. A life Full of PEACE, HOPE, JOY, PURPOSE, MERCY, and SO MUCH MORE!

GOD BLESS US EVERYONE!!

No comments:

Post a Comment