Tuesday, May 24, 2016

NEVER-LEAVING, EVER-LIVING LORD

Never-Leaving, Ever-Living LORD
THE apostle Paul, wrote to Timothy in his first letter,chapter1,
verse 17, “Now unto the King eternal, immortal, invisible,
the only wise God, be honor and glory forever and ever. Amen!”

THE theme of this message is THE LORD’S eternality! He always was,
and always will be!  In 2008, there was a movie in the theaters by
Ben Stein—EXPELLED!- It got me thinking about how blessed I
am to KNOW the LORD GOD CREATOR of the universe! I urge
each of you to take time to REJOICE in the offer of personal                  access to THE LORD!  If we try to “live” life without allowing ourselves
 to learn of, and accept, the faithfulness, graciousness,
and compassion of THE LORD, we are truly lacking all HE intends for,  and through us.. It’s great to anticipate all HE desires for us to receive as we choose to believe HIM, having perceived our need.                                                                             (In EXPELLED, individuals are harassed due to their admission of recognizing how THE LORD intends for us to commune with HIM.) We are not some sort of ‘happened-to-become-being’ that ‘evolved.’ In fact, Ben Stein actually gets the world’s #1 atheist, Dawkins,  to a point in an interview where Dawkins can’t deny that he can’t explain life from an evolutionary point-of-view!

PROVERBS 2:1-6 offers this in contrast to Dawkins’ dilemma..
1My son, if you accept My words and store up My commands within you,
2turning your ear to wisdom and applying your heart to understanding
3indeed, if you call out for insight and cry aloud for understanding,
4and if you look for it as for silver and search for it as for hidden treasure,
5then you will understand the fear of the Lord and find the knowledge of God.
6For the Lord gives wisdom; from His mouth come knowledge and understanding.                              JEREMIAH 9:23-24 urges us to “Let not the wise boast of their wisdom or the strong boast of their strength or the rich boast of their riches, 24but let the one who boasts boast about this: that they have the understanding to know Me, that I am the Lord, who exercises kindness, justice and righteousness on earth, for in these I delight, declares THE LORD.
 One of my favorite Christian singers, Damaris Carbaugh, effectively conveys some of what my heart(soul) is hoping to share today. The chorus is spoken by THE LORD-
“I’m the ONE Who stands behind you, and the One Who goes before;
I am yesterday’s AMAZING GRACE and tomorrow’s ‘Open Door.
From the ‘First Foundation’ to the ‘’Last Forevermore,’ I’m the ‘Never-Leaving, Ever-Living Lord'"         LORD, I praise you for your eternal steadfastness known to me! Please help me to respond to You                                                                   willingly! In Jesus’ Name, AMEN!

No comments:

Post a Comment