Thursday, October 7, 2010

Delight in 'De' LIGHT!

I don't know why it's taken me so long to realize this poignant pun, except to know the LORD was saving it for 'such a time as this!' As I led a group of 'senior saints' through Bible passages about experiencing the radiance of the LORD recently, I finally stated, 'We get to 'delight in de'LIGHT!' As Moses descended off Mt. Sinai, his face shone brightly and he didn't even know it --- Why did it? He HAD SPOKEN with the LORD! WOW!(Exodus 34:29) Later, we saw how JESUS was transfigured before Peter, James, and John! His face shone like the SUN and his clothes were white as light! Oh, how I'd loved to have been there in person!(Matthew 17:2) Finally, for now, I will refer to John 17:22 where Jesus prays for us about how the GLORY he'd received from his FATHER would now be received by us as He's given it to us so we may dwell together in unity!
I don't know about any of you 'out there' in cyber-space (some of you are known by me personally and I do treasure each of you!), but as I covered the other passages related to the radiance of our LORD being available and intended for/through each of us, I became more DELIGHTED and 'my' seniors loved watching as HE expressed himself through me.. In fact, 'EXHILLERATED', might be a more accurate adjective for my state of being at that point.. We are empowered to be the light this world needs to see as they stumble without our Lord in their beings! We are to be visibly spreading the hope we have in Jesus so they can be attracted to HIM and to the glory HE wants to show to them as they can receive deliverance from despair and so much more... I'd like to close with Psalm 37:4 which reminds us we get to 'DELIGHT OURSELVES IN THE LORD SO HE CAN GRANT US THE DESIRES OF OUR HEART...' When he is on the throne of our lives, our desires will correspond with his desires for/through us! Blessing to all who read this!!

No comments:

Post a Comment