Saturday, October 8, 2011

WHICH APPOINTMENT?

Today, I would simply like to suggest how sometimes a looming or pervasive, seeming DISappointment in our lives CAN truly be one of HIS appointments~ For, you see, our Lord often allows us to not comprehend what HE is 'up to,' so we can grow in our ability to trust Him as we begin receive his comfort, or, to see the outcome of whatever was possibly 'uncomfortable?' for a time. In ISAIAH 55:8-9 we are reminded, "For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are you ways my ways, declares the LORD. As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts." I am fully aware of how us human beings desire to 'understand' just what's happening to us, yet I am relieved each time I recall how PROVERBS 3:5-6 exhorts me to not lean on my own understanding, but to acknowledge Him in all my ways so He can direct my paths.  Probably the 'bottom line' of this whole message is, "Do we trust HIM as much as we say we love HIM?" If so, the DISappointments we face for seasons in our lives will be received as HIS appointments  to times of growing deeper in love with HIM as our trust is rewarded when we are allowed to see the fruits of whatever He has intended for/through us  while relinquishing our desires to control what we think we need or have 'rights' to at times. (Sometimes I feel like Paul since run-on sentences are hard to avoid.. Sorry!)  So, dear readers- Pause to ask yourself if you are 'holding a grudge' against the LORD for any possible unmet? desire in your life... Are you claiming a 'right' to whatever it is? If so, you are probably being led the wrong way... 'Rights can be wrong!' when we are HIS... However, we do have rights to peace, hope, and joy!... But the enemy seeks to steal and kill and destroy... Will you let him?  I hope and pray not!

No comments:

Post a Comment