Saturday, October 26, 2013

SO.. HOW 'BOUT ANOTHER? (profound thought!)

This past week, I was blessed by meeting a new resident of a facility I lead the singing of hymns in. Of course, I constantly meet new residents since I am in 8 buildings which house assisted living, nursing care, or memory care individuals. (I only lead  the singing of 'HYMNSPIRATIONS' in 5 of those though, then make 'house calls' into patient/resident rooms at the 3 others.) At any rate, now that the 'F.Y.I.' is over, I want to convey my response to my new lady's comment.                 She'd sung with me on Thursday afternoon for my first time meeting her, then I got to make a 'house call' to her yesterday. She shared with me how she'd worked among the homeless for several years .... As I was preparing to depart, out came this comment.. 'I never knew which homeless one might be JESUS standing there!' Somehow, as she said this, it resonated deeply within me! Her devotion to these dear ones was 'cemented' in place by her awareness of our LORD'S presence with us. May we all see others around us today as being made in God's image.. BODY, SOUL, and SPIRIT. May we see all as being treasured by HIM! Somehow, it sure helps me to 'love the unlovable,' when I realize how ALL humans are intended to be led to true spiritual vitality and health of soul through the blood of our BLESSED REDEEMER! Now, may the 'God of the peace Himself sanctify you wholly, and may your whole spirit, soul and body be preserved unblameably in the presence of our Lord Jesus Christ.' I Thessalonians 5:23
Oh, BTW, one other blessing this week was when I walked into our staff lunchroom at school and found a new 'guest teacher' who had a small paper booklet called OUR DAILY BREAD open by her. What a thrill it was to instantly connect to her.. Our time was limited, but our obvious bond in JESUS endeared us as though we'd known each other a LONG time!! (Welcome, newest reader!! C U soon, I hope!)




No comments:

Post a Comment